Why we get fine lines and wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are a natural part of the skin’s ageing process. They develop gradually as the body loses the moisture, collagen and elastin that gives youthful skin it plump and fresh appearance.
The development of lines and wrinkles can be influenced by a number of factors, such as genetics and environmental conditions, as well as lifestyle choices such as smoking and too much sun exposure.
Different types of facial lines, wrinkles and furrows are known as:
- crow’s feet or smile lines (around the eyes)
- frown lines or glabellar lines (on the forehead)
- laughter lines (also called nasolabial folds)
- marionette lines (between the mouth and chin)
- perioral lines (around the mouth)
- smoker’s lines (vertical lines around the lips)
- under-eye wrinkles
- worry lines (between the eyebrows).
We have a range of treatments and medical-grade skincare products that help you to combat the signs of ageing skin – including procedures designed to target the different types of lines, wrinkles and folds.
Treatments for fine lines and wrinkles
If you find that your skin is making you look of feel older than you really are, we offer the following skin rejuvenation treatments and skincare products.
- Anti-wrinkle injections Botox injections that relax facial muscles and smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Carboxytherapy Carbon dioxide injections that help to speed up the production of new, healthy skin cells.
- Dermal fillers Hyaluronic acid injections that add volume to the cheeks and face – the ‘liquid face lift’.
- Harmony ClearLift™ laser Pulses of laser light energy that help to stimulate production of new collagen.
- iPixel laser resurfacing Intense bursts of laser energy that stimulates the growth of new surface skin tissue.
- iS Clinical facials A range of medical-grade, cosmeceutical skincare products for ageing, tired and blemished skin.
- Lip enhancement Lip augmentation using dermal filler injections and PDO threads.
- Medical-grade skincare Specially formulated ‘cosmeceuticals’ that provide medicinal and aesthetic benefits.
- Mesotherapy Injections of pharmaceutical or homeopathic medication, plant extracts and vitamins that nourish and hydrate the skin.
- Micro-needling The DermaPen handheld device uses minute needles to stimulate production of new collagen and elastin.
- Near Infrared (NIR) skin tightening Use of light energy to penetrate underlying skin tissue and stimulate production of new collagen.
- PDO threads Dissolvable threads placed under the skin that provide a structure for new collagen.
- Peels Chemical solutions applied to the skin that remove old skin cells and allow newer, smoother skin to appear.
- Platelet Rich Plasma therapy Re-injections of the patient’s plasma-rich blood to stimulate collagen formation in the skin.
- PlexR skin tightening A procedure that creates plasma to stimulate the contraction, shortening and tightening of skin fibres.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening Using radio waves to penetrate deep into the skin and the stimulate collagen fibres.
For more information about treatments for fine lines and wrinkles, and to book your consultation with one of our specialists, please contact us at Dr MediSpa.