Stretch marks tend to appear as elongated red or purple strips on the skin and over time will fade to a white or silver colour. However, once stretch marks have appeared on the body, they won’t disappear completely by themselves. At Dr. MediSpa, we understand that for men and women, they can cause embarrassment and self-consciousness. Whilst stretch marks are harmless, many seek stretch mark treatment in our Essex and London clinics to restore their confidence.
What are stretch marks?
- After rapid weight gain
- During puberty and growth spurts
- If you have an underlying health condition such as Cushing’s or Marfan Syndrome
- After prolonged or inappropriate use of corticosteroid medication
The most common areas affected by stretch marks tend to be where fat is stored and can appear in various areas, depending on whether you’re a man or a woman. Most common areas to find stretch marks are as follows:
- Upper arms
Stretch Mark Treatment – Your Options
Therefore, we have chosen a range of highly-effective non-surgical treatments to combat stretch marks and reduce or even remove their appearance and they include:
- Carboxytherapy (or Carbon Dioxide Therapy) – which utilizes carbon dioxide gas for body sculpting, cellulite reduction and skin rejuvenation. Using a device and a thin needle, the CO2 is injected in to subcutaneous layers of the skin, which increases the body’s uptake of oxygen and increases blood pressure to encourage a better flow of oxygen-rich blood around the body. This encourages new cell formation and the production of collagen within the skin.
- Dermapen Micro-needling – this is a non-surgical treatment which uses a pen-like device to puncture the skin with tiny needles, creating a ‘wound’ effect to the skin and encouraging a healing response. The skin’s healing mechanism improves skin texture by encouraging collagen production, thus reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- iPixel Laser Treatment – A resurfacing laser technology which is non-ablative (will not damage the upper layer of the skin). iPixel emits a specially selected laser light to heat the lower layers of the skin, creating more collagen and encouraging skin tightening. Stretch marks are smoothed and the skin has a more even tone and texture, following a course of treatment.
- Skin Peels – using chemical solutions from SkinMed, Tebiskin, Cytoceuticals and EnerPeel, skin peels actively remove dead skin cells and encourage cell turnover; which in turn evens out the appearance of bumpy stretch marks and offers a smoother, softer skin tone and texture.
Your Stretch Mark Treatment Experience
Before any treatment here at Dr. MediSpa Essex, we recommend that you attend a no obligation consultation so that your individual concern can be examined. Some stretch mark removal cases are more straightforward than others. We plan the most appropriate and suitable stretch mark treatment for each individual we see – no two bodies are the same.
Need more information on stretch mark treatment? Contact the Dr. MediSpa team today on 0208 418 0362.