There are different types of acne scars –
- Ice pick scars – Small sharp indentations which narrow at the base of the skin.
- Boxcar scars – round or oval depressions with steep vertical sides.
- Rolling scars – these scars cause rolling or wave-like depressions across the skin.
- Atrophic – indented scars that form underneath the normal layers of the skin.
- Hypertrophic or keloid scars – Bumpy, raised and sometimes red scars caused by the over-production of collagen.
At Dr. MediSpa in Loughton and London’s Harley Street, we offer a wide-range of highly-effective treatments to smooth out acne scarring so you can finally be free of the reminder of acne.