Most of us want bright and evenly toned skin. There are several factors which can affect our natural skin colour. These can be a genetic disposition or through too much sun-exposure which can cause hyperpigmentation (brown freckles or patches on the skin). Lightening the skin can be a tricky task and some treatments promise great results but can prove unsuccessful or even damaging to health. If you are looking for lighter and brighter skin, at Dr. Medispa in the heart of Essex, we can offer Glutathione IV skin lightening treatment, a safe and effective non-surgical skin lightening procedure.
How does IV Skin Lightening work? Is it safe?
Glutathione is a naturally occurring anti-oxidant which inhibits the production of melanin in the body. It is made from three amino acids – cysteine, glutamate, and glycine. Melanin is responsible for pigmentation in the skin. When melanin is produced through sun exposure, it is protecting the skin against further damage by darkening its pigment. Unlike topical creams or lotions, glutathione IV infusion works internally, which means there are no patchy results or skin irritation and skin tone is evened out across the face and body.
As Glutathione is administered intravenously, it needs to be offered by a CQC approved medical professional. Dr. Munir Somji is one of UK’s leading authorities on aesthetic medicine and his team of doctors has by the CQC to administer IV skin lightening treatments using glutathione. At Dr. MediSpa, your safety is our priority and ensure that we are up to date on all our accreditations and adhere to all safety regulations for all our non-surgical treatments.
What happens during the treatment?
- You’ll be invited to a pre-treatment consultation to ensure you are suitable and medically fit and well.
- Once we are sure you can have the treatment you’ll be invited back to the clinic.
- You’ll complete a standard consent form.
- You’ll be invited in to our private treatment area and will be made comfortable.
- An infusion needle will be inserted in to your arm, just like having a blood test at the doctor.
- As the Glutathione infusion is administered, you’ll be able to sit and relax, read, use your phone
- Once the infusion has been administered, you will be able to return to your daily activities as normal.
- A course of treatment may be recommended for your individual concern.
Glutathione IV skin lightening treatment is proving extremely popular for those wishing to lift and brighten their skin tone and at Dr. MediSpa in the heart of Loughton in Essex, we are excited to be able to offer this highly successful, effective and safe treatment to our patients.
For more information and to book a no-obligation consultation at Dr Medispa in Essex or London, get in touch or call our friendly team on 0208 418 0362 today.